W&T's growth in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico has been significant in recent years. Between 2009 and 2017, average deepwater production has grown over 600% and SEC proved reserves are up 800%. W&T's gross acres in the deepwater have more than doubled since 2009. We define a deepwater property as one in over 500 feet of water.
- Our ~210,000 gross acres in the deepwater GOM currently generate about 40% of our total daily production and have great prospectivity.
- In 2015, we made three significant deepwater discoveries that were all brought online within a few months of reaching total depth.
- We also made a fourth deepwater discovery, the EW 954 A-8 well in December 2015, which was put on production in the first quarter of 2016.
- In April 2018, we completed and brought online the first well in a potential multi-well drilling program at “Virgo”.
- In mid-May of 2018, we also commenced drilling another well in our Ewing Bank 910 field.